Monday, August 29, 2011

Sojourn


Here is my first attempt at a collage since I was a teenager. I started this as a way to take a break from homework. As I selected the photos, magazine clippings, and passages of scripture, it evolved into something more than just a distraction. I picked a fortune from a Q Mandarin fortune cookie. It reads: The virtue lies in the struggle not in the prize. It became clear that it was a way to process all that had happened in the last few years. I titled it Sojourn. It is not an ending but beginning. It is the a reopening of a door that I allowed to be closed a long time ago. A part of that is to share pieces like this. It is a part of me. Out there for the world to see. My hope is that it does not just reflect me, but what God has done and will continue to do in me.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment